Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Wonder Woman

This is my beautiful sister-in-law, Brenda Martin. In this precious picture she is pregnant with her sixth child, Ammon. Sweet Ammon was afflicted with trisomy 18, a disease that affects the 18th chromosome. These babies don't often make it to full-term and if they do they usually don't live long after (there was a baby boy that was featured on Oprah who lived 99 days after he was born, which is very uncommon). Even though Ammon's life was short he definately served his mission before he went back to his Heavenly Father. He has two loving parents, Kevin and Brenda; three brothers, Kohl, Ben and Luke; and two sisters, Michaela and Alexandra.

Ammon almost made it to full-term. He went back to his Father in Heaven a a little more than a week before his due date. Brenda delivered him on Saturday, December 20, 2008. He was a sweet, beautiful baby boy who looked like his other brothers and sisters. He had a beautiful "farewell" on Saturday December 27, 2008.

Ammon's mission was to bring people back to our Heavenly Father. This tiny missionary did so much for so many, including his mom, dad, brothers, and sisters, and extended family. And even people we may not know about about yet. The local paper did several articles on Ammon's condition and the family's faith and knowledge that they will see him again, that families are forever, and that even through our trials Heavenly Father is there blessing us. The articles were so amazing and I'm sure that many who read them were spiritually strengthened, especially the reporter who wrote them. The family, including the kids, had many people asking them about Ammon and their beliefs after the articles were written.

The family was so strong, especially Brenda. Brenda wrote Ammon's story down and wrote a tribute to Ammon that she recorded and was played at his farewell. It was so sweet and loving. Brenda really knows how to write things down and express her feelings. I wish I had her gift. I want Brenda to know how much strength she gave me. How her example of faith, instead of bitterness amazed me and how her love of our Heavenly Father grew instead of faltered. There were many time when we would talk on the phone or be together that she was the one comforting me. She is an amazing woman and I want to thank her for strengthening my testimony and showing me what a true wonder woman is. I love and adore you Brenda and I can't wait until we are back together with Ammon forever.

No comments: