Wednesday, May 20, 2009

iT's dEfiNatELy a LOvE tHInG!!

Today is our 20th wedding anniversary. In one way it seems like we have been married even longer and in another way it seems like yesterday. I could never put down in words how grateful I am to have married Ric. He is the most hard-working, selfless, compassionate, kind, caring, loyal, patient, loving man I know and he has definately had his work cut out for him in me. He and I were talking today about the fact that our marriage has not been easy, but we both know that we married the person the Lord chose for us. We have struggled and we have worked hard for our relationship. It's the best it has ever been and so worth the effort. I have never doubted Ric's love for me and I hope he doesn't doubt my love for him. Without him I would never have had the chance of being a mom or a grandma, two of my favorite and fulfilling things. I thank the Lord every day for a man who loves and cares for me, our daughters, and our grandchildren and who has a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and honors his priesthood. I am so blessed to be Ric's wife, and I am eternally grateful to our Heavenly Father for bringing us together. Sometimes we wonder how we did get together because we are so different, but we both know that we were meant to be together and that's what counts! I love you, Ric, with all of my heart. Here's to 20 more years!!

1 comment:

dina marie said...

Happy Anniversary. The years go by so fast. We are both pretty blessed. I know what you mean about having gone through hard times but a marriage being better than it ever has been probably because of the hard times. It has definitely made our marriage stronger. I am so happy for you.